At our development centre in Burton upon Trent we can offer the services listed below. We aim to provide you with the highest quality at a competitive price.
At CC Tuning we develop all our own software in house using our 4wd dyno whilst carrying out data log checks on the vehices ECU. We are able to develop software by adjusting individual or multiple maps like fuel, timing, boost pressure, various limiters and much more whilst testing on the dyno. This way we can see what effect it has on your engine and performance without effecting reliability and longevity of your engine.
We can offer both performance and economy remaps or a mixture of the two depending on your indiviual requirements.
Mustang 4wd Dyno
Our Mustang AWD linked dyno (rolling road) has a capacity of 2000bhp. The dyno is housed within our purpose built development centre including full fan and extraction to keep the car cool and fumes extracting safely away. We have a viewing room where you can watch whilst your car is ran on the dyno.
Custom ECU Remapping
We offer custom engine remaps for both diesel and petrol vehicles. Our maps are custom written in house therefore we can set your car up to your specifications, for example high torque, low torque or different power outputs as long as the vehicle is safe to do so. We carry out a number of tests and checks including diagnostics and data logging whilst we are modifying the cars engine software. Whilst carrying out these tests we check various amounts of data on the vehicle to make sure that we are keeping primary functions safe eg.exhaust gas temperatures and air fuel ratio. We will also perform before and after dyno runs on our all wheel drive dyno so that we can show you the increase in power that has been achieved.
DSG gearbox remapping
DSG Gearbox tuning is available with our DSG software upgrade. As with all our ECU remaps each DSG tuning file is written for the vehicle and drivers requirements. The DSG gearbox remap includes the following functions:
- Increased Shift Response – the shift response can be increased by upto 20% resulting in a smoother transition giving a reduction of unnecessary clutch slip under full load acceleration which reduces clutch wear.
- Launch Control – this can be activated with most vehicles.
- Torque Limit Increase – the vehicle torque limiters are tuned as part of our ECU remap however the DSG gearbox has its own inbuilt torque limiters also. Through a DSG remap we can release the extra torque produced from your tuned engine.
- RPM Limit Increase – as with the torque limiter your DSG has control of RPM limits for each gear. Increasing these shift points gives the driver full control and command of the engines power in the upper RPM ranges and we will set the DSG rev limit to work with your current engine set up.
A power run is a simple test we can run to show the bhp and torque your car is producing at the wheels. We can also approximate the power at the flywheel. Your car will be put on the rollers and two to three runs will be done to make sure any particular run does not give a freak result. We record the following results for each car run:
- BHP at the wheels
- Torque at the wheels
- BHP at the flywheel
- Torque at the flywheel
- Boost pressure(forced induction only)
- Air/fuel mix
We can plot all these variables against each other, giving you a clear picture of how your car is running.
Power runs take around 45 minutes and are priced at £75. Some big power/rare cars require extra time to setup on the rollers, we may charge more than standard for these cars, but if this is the case we will advise you when you book.
Due to the advancements in computer technology and software it is now possible to have any modern vehicle re-configured to offer significant economy and performance gains. With fuel prices at their current level many people are looking for ways to reduce their fuel costs.
- How It Works – basically we re-configure the files (remap) responsible for spark, fuel, boost pressure and torque etc. These files are altered to offer a smoother power curve with a significant increase in torque. Increased torque means you need to use less revs to generate the same motion and power thus offering significant fuel saving. The optimum levels of toruqe are configured in the most economical band of the rev range, this further encourages the driver to utilise the rev range at which the vehicle feels most powerful at which we ensure is also the most economical.The vehicle will have more torque as well as a smoother power delivery and can now return upto 20% better fuel economy. Due to the increased levels of torque you will need fewer down changes in the gearbox and will be less likely to use the higher less economical end of the rev range.
XHP bmw GEARBOX MAPS
Unlock the hidden potential of your automatic transmission with XHP Gearbox Maps. Tweaking your transmission is not only about getting quicker or holding more power. Few people are aware of how deeply an automatic transmission contributes to the overall driving experience. From crawling in traffic, over city driving, to taking your vehicle to a race track, the TCU widely defines how your car feels. Like everyone drives different with a manual, the maps inside the TCU hide the secrets to tweak your automatic transmission to your personal likings and finally experience what BMW promised you once in the glossy brochure. XHP Gearbox Maps are available for over 200 BMW Models from 2003-2018.
Prices for the XHP Gearbox Maps are as follows:
- 6 Speed – £185
- 7 Speed – £335
- 8 Speed – £250
speed limiter on/off
We are able to remove the speed limit which has been implemented into your vehicles ECU. We can either offer this as a standalone product or in conjunction with an ECU remap, increasing the vehicles top end speed limiter for motorsport or trackday use or across the autobahn without the speed limiter shutting your fun down.
We can also set a speed limiter where required. A hire company for example may require their vehicles to be set with a maximum speed limit of 70 mph so not to be abused.
Here are a few examples of vehicles we have recently remapped. You can find more examples by checking out our Facebook page.
If you would like more information on the services that we offer then please follow the link.
If you would like to make a booking then please follow the link to complete a contact form.